Monday, October 7, 2013

Saturday October 5, 2013

AC^2 Competition in Flagstaff

Woke up at the crack of dawn, around 515, to arrive at Coconino High School at 630.  I had two cups of coffee and a banana before we left the house.  We arrived at about 640 and it was 40 degrees at sign in.  The first workout of the day for me (last heat) was at 8:40 so there was quite a bit of downtime in between the time we showed up and the first workout.  Ill get directly into the workouts though because If I talk about everything that went on that day it will take me forever.

1st workout at about 0840 hours:
5 snatches at 155
50 meter 80lb sandbag run
4 snatches at 155
50 meter 80lb sandbag run
and so on ..
until we did 1 last snatch at 155 lbs

Time: 3:25   11th Overall

I was a little disappointed in myself during this workout.  I feel I could have done a little better but I was very surprised how tired I was on the sandbag runs. I did the sets of 5 and 4 snatches unbroken and then did the rest in singles.

2nd and 3rd workout at about 1210 hours:
5 minute AMRAP of Hang squat clean thruster "Clusters"
- rest 1 minute -
run 1 mile

32 clusters/8:53 mile   6th Overall / 40th overall

Very disappointed in myself on both of these workouts.  I placed sixth because 5 other people did 33 clusters compared to my 32.  I had the brilliant idea of not doing another rep even though I still had 19 seconds left to work of the 5 minutes.  I thought maybe the extra 19 seconds of rest would help me on my run.  As you can see by my score it did not and it cost me a first place finish because I easily could have done two more reps.  Rookie Mistake.  Besides that, I also found out my conditioning is terrible and I can not run at 7000 feet.

4th workout at about 1440 hours:
5 Minute AMRAP
  1 min 30in box jumps
  1 min double unders
  1 min 2 pood KB swings
  1 min Pistols
  1 min Bar muscle ups

140 reps   20th Overall

How well you did on this workout was 100% dependant on double unders and at this point I'm not the greatest at them.  I think I got about 73 which was not terrible but not wonderful.  I once again was surprised how much the altitude affected my conditioning.  At this point I was 14th overall and qualified to compete with the top 15 in the final workout.

Final workout at about 1635 hours:
5 rounds:
  7 dead lifts at 315
  30 air squats
  15 meter Hand stand Walk

Halfway through my last HSW and I was time capped at 12 minutes 11th Overall

I was upset I did not finish this workout but it's the first time I had ever done HSW in a workout.  However, the reason I was unable to finish the workout was because of the Dead lifts.  I cant believe how tired it made me. 

Overall I left this competition not feeling satisfied with the way I performed.  My conditioning was unsatisfactory and it showed.  I am glad I made it to the last workout and I finished the day 14th out of 49 RX competitors.  I have a lot to work on.

I do want to thank my beautiful Fiance Blake for waking up early with me, enduring the freezing temperatures and dealing with my spastic Competition Day attitude.  Love you Babe.




No comments:

Post a Comment